FICRA BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Board Attendees: Jim Braden, Hal Goodell, Mimi Miller, Denise Parrish, Deb Pishek and Howard Stapleton were in attendance.
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm by Howard Stapleton with the Pledge of Allegiance. Lesley Murphy was absent and excused.
Minutes from the December 14, 2017 FICRA Board Meeting were approved with no changes.
Public Comment: Dave McHugh noted that there was approximately $100,000 in FICRA and Trust bank accounts that could be drawing interest. Dave also advised that he noticed a great deal of spalling (deterioration) when driving across the Fox Island Bridge. He suggested that the Emergency Planning Team might want to inquire with the School Board about contingency plans in the event of a bridge failure and ask about the potential for school on Fox Island.
President’s Report: No report.
Treasurer’s Report: Mimi Miller reported the following figures for the month of December, 2017:
- FICRA Checking Beginning balance $21,938.78 Ending balance $24,547.82
- FICRA Money Market Beginning balance 18,653.90 Ending balance 18,656.28
- FICRA PayPal Beginning balance 1,183.99 Ending balance (203.61)
- Membership 305 for 2017-2018, 166 from prior year have not renewed
- Finance – No report.
- Publicity – No report.
- Social Activities – Yoga began at the NCC last Monday, with 14 participants showing up. Board members provided suggestions for additional events, including Frisbee (disk) golf, Lego and ping-pong tournaments, and open mic night. Dave McHugh suggested that we contact Don Fogle [sic] to see about a juggling night.
- Membership – No report.
- FICRA 2018 Budget – The proposed FICRA 2018 Budget was approved without changes.
- Nominating Committee – Jim Braden has been appointed to chair the Nominating Committee for 2018. He will include additional community representatives that are not Board Members.
- Committee Members and Volunteers – Ray Kittelberger spoke briefly about using the website and social media to attract volunteers and committee members. He suggested that we need someone to follow up on contacts from volunteers to see if they manage to get connected with someone in FICRA and/or the Trust to serve. There may be a need for a Volunteer Coordinator to assist FICRA and the Trust.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:54 pm. The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 8, 2018.
Respectfully submitted by Howard Stapleton, for Denise Parrish, Secretary