FICRA BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Thursday, November 8, 2018
Board Attendees: Jim Braden, Hal Goodell, Naomi Grant, Rob Moore and Howard Stapleton. Chad Gottschalk and Miguel Martinez excused.
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 pm.
Minutes from the October 18th Board Meeting were approved as amended after correcting a reference to the September meeting to reflect the correct date of 13th.
Public Comment: None
- Howard presented a draft for a new business card for FICRA and the Trust. The Board recommended eliminating the lines on the back to reduce printing costs and including the words “and the” in front of the FICRA Building Trust text on the front. Board Members and Volunteers can write their contact information on the back of the cards before handing them out. Howard will make the changes and order the cards.
Consent Calendar: None
Treasurer’s Report: Hal Goodell presented the report. There were no issues.
- Checking Oct1 $27,255.32 Oct 31 Cleared Balance $27,860.32
- Money Market Oct1 18,691.36 Oct 31 Cleared Balance 18,695.33
- PayPal Oct1 167.80 Oct 31 Balance 413.59
- Membership Total 304 for 2018/19
- Social Activities – The Trunk or Treat event went well, and kids enjoyed the event more with the campfire and s’mores. There were 15 cars vs. 12 last year. Some want to expand the scope next year. Lisa is following up on the suggestion to provide dance lessons. She has located a dance instructor but needs feedback as requested on her EMail of 11-8. We need to clarify if we can include a potluck before/after the lessons and how this applies to members/nonmembers. Caspar Babypants is still available for an event in 2019. We need to set a date and be prepared to limit the number of attendees.
- Membership – Naomi is ready to mail out membership cards to our current members.
- 2016 Audit – Howard presented the FICRA Board Response to the 2016 Audit Committee Findings and asked for any final changes. There were none and Board Members present at the meeting signed the document. Signatures are still needed from Chad Gottschalk and Miguel Martinez.
- Senior Activities – As reported in the October 2018 Meeting Minutes, Ray Kittelberger is working with Dave McHugh to look into programs for seniors. Ray will be providing a summary of their activities for inclusion in the FICRA Board Meeting Minutes. They have been obtaining information and will be involved in several outreach activities as part of the planning process:
- Pierce County Aging and Disability Resources – Dave and Ray will attend their next meeting on Nov 20th, and hope to learn more about transport using Pierce County Vanpool. It would appear that Pierce County funding for seniors is directed to nutritional programs and not activities.
- Boys& Girls Club in Gig Harbor – through Catholic Services they offer lunch on Monday and Wed followed by games.
- Alliance Church on Fox Island – looking at the facility for possible use for senior activities.
- The Mustard Seed Project Key Peninsula – have nutritional programs and activities that we can learn from.
- 2019 Budget – Howard provided an initial draft of the 2019 FICRA budget to kickoff the process. The plan is to keep the same basic focus as 2018 (encourage members/volunteers to try new activities using available funding) assuming membership of 350.
- Flash– The paper (printed) version of the FICRA Flash in scheduled to be published in mid-November. Input is needed as soon as possible on the Christmas event and Party with a Purpose.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm. Next meeting is December 13, 2018.
Respectfully submitted by Jim Braden and Howard Stapleton for Secretary Chad Gottschalk.