FICRA BOARD MEETING MINUTES (DRAFT)
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Board Attendees: Jim Braden, Mimi Miller, Lesley Murphy, Denise Parrish, and Howard Stapleton were in attendance. Hal Goodell and Deb Pishek were absent and excused.
The meeting was called to order at 8:22 pm by Howard Stapleton.
Minutes from the January 8, 2018 FICRA Board Meeting were approved with no changes.
Public Comment: Derek Young and John Jolibois were in attendance to provide an update on County activities impacting Fox Island. Please refer to the FICRA Trust minutes for full details.
President’s Report: No report.
Treasurer’s Report: Mimi Miller reported the following figures for the month of December, 2017:
- FICRA Checking Beginning balance $22,547.82 Ending balance $22,672.82
- FICRA Money Market Beginning balance 18,656.28 Ending balance 18,658.66
- FICRA PayPal Beginning balance (203.61) Ending balance 301.10
- Membership 326 for 2017-2018, 155 from prior year have not renewed
- Finance – No report.
- Social Activities – Lisa Stapleton reported on the following items:
- A magic show was proposed. Lisa has spoken with two magicians who charge fees in the $500-600 range. Lisa asked for permission to secure a date for this family friendly activity. A straw vote was taken by the Board with a favorable result. It was suggested that we should charge non-members $5.00 for this activity to encourage increasing membership.
- A Sadie Hawkins dance was proposed for May or next Fall. The activity would be for all ages, featuring a country-rock band, bales of hay, pig tails and freckles. The Board expressed interest in pursuing this.
- Tony Moore suggested shadow puppets and/or a juggler.
- Additional ideas are welcome – talk to one of the FICRA volunteers to share.
- Membership – No report.
- Nominating Committee – Jim Braden Jim reported that a slate of officers is in the works and will be posted prior to the election on 3/8.
- Volunteers for Upcoming Events – The Easter Egg Hunt on 3/31/2018 needs a volunteer to coordinate. The egg hunt is always over very quickly. Perhaps we could add an egg toss. We have a few volunteers willing to be the Easter Bunny.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm. The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 8, 2018 after the FICRA General Member Meeting.
Submitted by Denise Parrish, Secretary