FICRA BOARD MEETING MINUTES (DRAFT)
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Board Attendees: Howard Stapleton, Hal Goodell, Mimi Miller, Denise Parrish, Lesley Miller and Jim Braden were in attendance.
The meeting was called to order at 7:02pm by Howard Stapleton. Deb Pishek was absent and excused.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Minutes from the September 14, 2017 FICRA Board Meeting were approved with no changes.
Public Comment: Dave McHugh stated he was pleased that this was added to the agenda to give the public in attendance a voice. It was clarified that Jim and Carolyn Braden will pay for the walking track around the field which will cost roughly $11,000. If we come up short on the budget for the field, Jim and Carolyn will also assist with advancing the remainder of the money until the additional funds have been raised.
President’s Report: Howard Stapleton reported that Mimi Miller received several “fake” EMails purporting to be from Howard requesting FICRA reimbursement of expenses with the payment going to a credit union in New Mexico. Mimi contacted Howard and he reached out to the credit union and service providers for the EMail account to let them know about the fraudulent activity.
Treasurer’s Report: Mimi reported that she would like to move all but $10,000 in Checking to the Money Market account. This action would be within her discretion as Treasurer.
- FICRA Checking Beginning 9-1-17 $44,971.19 Ending 9-30-17 $44,593.78
- FICRA Money Market Beginning 9-1-17 $18,646.92 Ending 9-30-17 $18,649.22
- FICRA Pay Pal Beginning 9-1-17 $ 919.40 Ending 9-30-17 $ 967.34
- Membership 288 for 2017-2018, 174 from prior year have not renewed
- Finance Committee – The Finance Committee will look at whether to record income from clothing sales in the FICRA Trust instead of FICRA account.
- Publicity Committee – Lisa Stapleton reported that she needs information for articles for the FLASH before the end of each month. The next paper mailing of the FLASH will be in November.
- Social Committee – The Trunk or Treat event is scheduled for October 31, 2017, 6:00-8:00PM
- Miguel Martinez and Chad Gottschalk are the chairs of the event
- Chad’s wife has created a blogspot (http://foxislandevents.blogspot.com) with information about the event and ideas for decorating a trunk. The blogspot was linked from the front page of FICRA’s website.
- Cider will be served inside the front door.
- Howard and Lisa will be donating $100 in gift cards for best decorated trunk display(s).
- The event is targeted for the children of Fox Island.
- Membership Committee – Hal Goodell reported that a reminder letter will be going out to those who have not yet renewed their memberships.
- Lisa wanted to know if there had been any further discussion regarding Claudia Nygaard performing at the NCC. Her style is Folk/country. Howard noted that we have only spent 1/3 of the planned budget for recreational events & concerts. There should be a balance of about $600 after other planned events are accounted for. Lesley suggested that we focus on family concerts at the NCC versus concerts that might appeal primarily to adults. Nygaard’s show may be a better match for the Chapel. Lisa will discuss this further with them.
- Miguel and Chad have requested a small budget to spend on decorating for Trunk or Treat. A Board Resolution approving up to $100 in funds from FICRA’s “Other Community Events” budget allocation was discussed and unanimously approved for the Trunk or Treat event.
- Lisa would like to explore a wine tasting event with Ann Marie at Pop a Cork for Charity. We would purchase a case of wine from Ann Marie at $99.00 to use for the wine tasting. Bottles of wine would also be sold. FICRA would split the profit of the wine sales with Pop a Cork. Howard suggested the profits from this event should go to FICRA Trust. Lisa will look into potential event dates, permits, and other requirements.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm. The next meeting will be on November 9, 2017.
Submitted by Denise Parrish.