Fox Island Nature Center Committee Meeting Minutes
5 April 2018
Attendees: Ed Burrough, Philip Craven, Nan Feagin, and Terry Mace.
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m.
- We briefly reviewed and discussed the new real estate listing of the Wickline property.
- Ed reported that the recently planted trees and shrubs all look to be in good condition.
- We discussed the idea of a “holly blitz” to remove some of the holly from the Nature Center. Miguel Martinez has volunteered to help in the Nature Center and indicated his daughter and her friends also would be interested in working in the Nature Center. We tentatively scheduled a holly blitz for 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 12. Ed will contact Miguel to arrange for helpers. We will try to get photos for publicity and helper’s names to write thank you notes.
- We discussed how we might use social media to benefit the Nature Center. We would like to have some way to provide general information about the Nature Center, to promote special events such as the kids’ photo exhibit, and to solicit more helpers for work in the Nature Center. We could start our own FINC Newsletter via e-mail, however FICRA already has a Facebook page and the FICRA Flash. Nan will contact Lisa Stapelton about using these platforms to spread publicity and announcements about the Nature Center.
- We discussed if we should continue the Kids’ Photo Exhibition and decided that due to a general lack of interest/participation we would abandon that activity, at least temporarily.
Next work party – Saturday, April 21 at 9:00 a.m.
Next FINCC meeting – Thursday, May 3 at 7:00 p.m. at Nichols Center
May work party – Saturday, May 19 at 9:00a.m.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 p.m.