FOX ISLAND COMMUNITY and RECREATION ASSOCIATION
AGENDA (draft 4/25)
5/3/12 Board Meeting
Nichols Community Center
Fox Island, WA 98333
FICRA Board of Directors
Jim Braden, President
Jeff Goodwin, Vice President
Patty Metzger, Secretary
Mimi Miller, Treasurer
Tony Moore, Director
Hal Goodell, Director
Lynne Goodwin, Immediate Past President
7:00 Meet and Greet/7:30 Board Meeting
- Call to order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Consent Calendar (attached)
- Approval of minutes
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report (includes Finance Committee)
- Committee Reports
- Crimewatch, Stan Weston
- Building Committee, Carolyn Braden
- Social Activities, Karen Craven
- Nature Center, Philip Craven
- Publicity, Kalli Ostner
- Fund Raising, Jeff Goodwiin
- Special Committees
- Bylaws, Jim Braden
- Audit, Ray Kittelberger
- Unfinished Business
- Rental checklist
- New Business
- Review new donation letter and form
- Fox Island Survey
- Meeting Adjournment
The next regular Board meeting is scheduled for June 7, 2012
- Approve Nature Center Committee request to install more native plants per the Committee letter of April 19, 2012.
- Approve NCC rental on December 31, 2012 to go until 1 AM, January 1, 2013.
- Approve KGHP re-commissioning the broadcasting equipment in the attic. FICRA supplies the power for this at a cost unknown at this time. With this effort FICRA is supporting Gig Harbor High School’s broadcasting education program. FICRA to review the agreement on this.
- Approve the release of interest in the Boy Scouts Troop 27 equipment trailer pending investigation of the best method of said release. This will amount to a $500 donation to Troop 27 which is equivalent to FICRA’s vested value in the trailer.
- Authorize rental coordinator to negotiate reduced rates to rent NCC during slow periods. Rental coordinator to advise a Board member of reduced rate proposal before proceeding.
- Approve Girl Scouts overnite use of NCC June 16/17 at no cost to them. The Girls Scouts have helped with FICRA functions (e. g. Easter Egg Hunt).
- Book the same band as last year for the FICRA Fair in the amount of $500.
- Approve contracting with Evan Koepfler again this year for mowing NCC lawn.