FICRA's 2017 Student Award Competition is intended for students residing on Fox Island entering their junior/senior years in high school; or freshman/sophomore years in college/trade school. The final date to submit 2017 applications was APRIL 4, 2017.
The competition includes both a written submission and a presentation on the topic "A Plan for Youth Activities and Volunteerism for Fox Island". The presentations will be made at the Nichols Community Center on April 11, 2017 at 6:00pm. Contentants unable to be present at the April 11 meeting may publish a presentation to YouTube to be shown at the meeting.
The presentations and papers are being evaluated by a panel of three judges. FICRA will award $1,000 to the First Place presentation, $750 to Second Place and $250 to Third Place.
Completed application forms, digital copies of papers, and links to online presentations (if applicable) must have been received by April 4, 2017 to be considered for the award competition. The presentation and paper should conform with the following guidelines:
- Speakers will stand at a podium and use a microphone during their presentation.
- Speakers should introduce themselves briefly at the beginning of their presentation.
- Presentations will be limited to 10 minutes in length.
- Papers should be typed/printed in 12 point font and should not exceed 3 pages in length.
- A copy of the paper in digital format (Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or Adobe pdf format) should be EMailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
- Applicants agree that their name and paper/presentation may be published on the FICRA website and in other local publications.